PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm 
Supporter

Is there any plan to make the source code available in CodePlex, SourceForge, or elsewhere using CVS, SVN, GIT or other?

If not, is there some meaningful way for a few good developers to assist with the implementation of the roadmap?

Thanks!
-Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:54 pm 
Supporter

I really like this library...alot. Stefan, Thomas and co. have really done an outstanding job.
I also completely support their point about working on Paying projects first! The bills have to be paid. :)

Perhaps they should consider putting a "Donate" button on the site to help support their efforts and we should all consider clicking it.

I'm thinking that I may have to proceed off on my own fork of MigraDoc, given that I need things sooner.

To that end, I worked much of the past week to rework my local MigraDoc library towards more native .NET 3.5+ constructs and objects.

• I added direct support for nested tables (I'll be working to remove the limitation of rows spanning pages), and I'll hopefully have the major performance issues resolved shortly as well?
  • I've nearly finished replacing all the Nxxxx nullable types with native nullable types. As Thomas suggested this was a huge job.
  • When that's done, I'll be updating all the collection objects to use .NET generic collections.
  • I am aiming for a point where the MigraDoc lib DocumentObjects can become free of the "Meta" object, but I haven't totally grokked the reaches of this Meta thing yet.
  • The MigraDoc GDI+ demo apps still seem to produce identical PDF files so far, haven't looked at the WPF examples at all.
  • I've tracked all my incremental updates in my local SVN repository.
  • I don't plan to change the core PDFsharp library at all if it can be avoided.

Having done that, I have a much better level of appreciation for how much work they've put into this, and again, commend them for it.
Maybe I can contribute back to the stream on CodePlex at some point.

-Jeff