PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 pm 

Hi there

I am using PdfSharp 1.31 to convert an xps file to pdf in a WPF application.
The pdf renders perfectly after conversion the only problem is that the image in the xps file are not displayed in Adobe Reader.
I opened up the pdf in another reader (foxit pdf reader) and the images and the pdf displays perfectly.

Why are my images not displaying in Adobe reader but it displayes in other pdf readers?

Thanks
A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:28 am 

There appear to be two bugs in the code for the XPS to PDF converter when including images.

The first is that when the image brush is created from the page resources, the opacity defaults to 0.0. If the image brush has no explicit opacity defined it ends up transparent. I've fixed this by a quick and dirty hack! In the method PdfSharp.Xps.Parsing.XpsParser.ParseImageBrush immediately after the brush is created add the line:
brush.Opacity = 1;

The second is that the boundary condition for drawing the brush is incorrect. In method PdfSharp.Xps.Rendering.PdfContentWriter find the section where the ImageBrush case is handled. It sets the opacity by multiplying the opacity of the path by the opacity of the brush. It then performs a bounds check - if (opacity < 1). However, this means that if both the opacity of the path and the brush are 1 the Alpha values on the state aren't set. The bounds check should be if (opacity <= 1).

These two changes make it work for me. Hope it sorts you out too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm 

JEllenden wrote:
There appear to be two bugs in the code for the XPS to PDF converter when including images.

The first is that when the image brush is created from the page resources, the opacity defaults to 0.0. If the image brush has no explicit opacity defined it ends up transparent. I've fixed this by a quick and dirty hack! In the method PdfSharp.Xps.Parsing.XpsParser.ParseImageBrush immediately after the brush is created add the line:
brush.Opacity = 1;

The second is that the boundary condition for drawing the brush is incorrect. In method PdfSharp.Xps.Rendering.PdfContentWriter find the section where the ImageBrush case is handled. It sets the opacity by multiplying the opacity of the path by the opacity of the brush. It then performs a bounds check - if (opacity < 1). However, this means that if both the opacity of the path and the brush are 1 the Alpha values on the state aren't set. The bounds check should be if (opacity <= 1).

These two changes make it work for me. Hope it sorts you out too.

JEllenden! I have registered here to say thank you to share the solution of this issue. I was about to be crazy... I supposed that the problem was by the adobe reader.